West Sussex County Council is working with Crawley Borough Council and companies in the Manor Royal Business District in Crawley, West Sussex to develop secure, competitively-priced, low carbon energy for businesses.
An initial study has identified a number of areas of the business district where there is potential to develop new sources of renewable energy, such as solar PV, solar car parks, district heating and battery storage.
- > Understand how they can reduce their costs and carbon emissions by generating and using more cheap, clean, renewable energy
- > Protect themselves from future energy prices, which are predicted to rise in the medium to long term
- > Work with neighbouring companies to increase the potential for renewable energy at Manor Royal and share resources
- > Provide advice about how to invest in renewable energy and how it can be financed;
- > Develop large infrastructure projects, such as a district heat network, that benefit businesses small and large across the business district.
The project is open to all businesses based on the Manor Royal Business District but, through BISEPS, there is a particular focus on supporting SMEs that may not have the time, resources and expertise to focus on developing their own secure and sustainable energy.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you work for a Manor Royal-based SME and would like to be involved in the project. Further information is also available on the website for the Manor Royal Business Improvement District (BID) who are our partners in the project.