The EU’s clean energy package is expected to be signed soon. In this document, energy production at the local level is perceived crucial to foster renewable energy production.
However, energy communities still face many obstacles to their development. The new legal framework for Local Energy Communities (LECs) will be key in the further outroll of energy synergies on business parks.
This event will provide you with the latest information about the development of LECs for business within the EU, will actively ask for your participation to shape the conditions under which a LEC will be formed and will inspire you to develop you own LEC project!
- 9h15: Registrations & coffee
- 10h00: Welcome & short presentation of the BISEPS, STORY and ROLECS projects
- 10h15: Introduction by Eric Sleeckx | Cabinet of Flemish Minister of Work, Economy, Innovation and Sports
- 10h25: “The EU vision on LECs” by Mikolaj Jasiak | Policy Officer European Commission
- 10h45: “Making LECs work in Flanders and Europe”
Panel discussion with interactive audience involvement
PANEL MEMBERS: Mikolaj Jasiak (EC), Frederik Loeckx (Flux50), Maarten Messagie (UZ Brussel) and Leen Peeters (Th!nk E)
- 11h30: “European frontrunners for LECs”
- Remy Garaude-Verdier | Enedis (France, DSO)
- Evangelos Karagiannis | UK Power Networks (UK, DSO)
- Dr. Gregor Taljan | Energienetze Steiermark (Austria, DSO)
- 12h00: Network lunch
- 13h30: “Business case and needs for LECs” – Interactive workshop
- 15h30: Break
- 16h00: “Paving the way to successful LECs” – Reports and reactions
- 17h00: “From here onwards” | closing by Dirk Van Evercooren (VREG)(tbc), Leen Peeters (Rolecs, Th!nk E) and Dominiek Vandewiele (BISEPS, Leiedal)
- 17h20: Network reception
Culture and convention center Het Pand | Ghent University
Belgium, Ghent, Onderbergen 1
29/04/2019 | 10h00 – 18h00
Registration is free, but mandatory. You can register here!
A no show fee of 150 euro will be charged, in case you do not attend the event after registering for it.